Sutton Coldfield Town Council has launched a consultation to find out what really matters to residents.
Councillors launched the survey at the Expo in the Town Centre, with a simple questionnaire. It outlines 10 issues where the Town Council could spend its time and money and asks residents to identify which they think are high, medium and low priority.
The areas are:
- Sutton Park: Seeking to take ownership of and control over the management and maintenance of the Park from Birmingham City Council
- Sutton Coldfield Library: Continuing to support the library
- Community Assets: Investing in our key community assets
- Arts and Culture: Investing in events for everyone in the community to enjoy
- Health and Wellbeing: Activities to support the health and wellbeing of local residents
- Recreation: Improving play and recreational facilities
- Cleaner & Greener: Investing in initiatives to help keep our town a place we can all be proud of
- New Housing: Ensuring that new housing developments meet local needs and priorities
- Traffic and transport: Identifying opportunities to mitigate against traffic congestion and improve public transport links
- Town Centre Regeneration: Providing leadership to develop a vision for the Town Centre and investing to improve the town’s environment and public spaces
Leader of Sutton Coldfield Town Council, Councillor Simon Ward commented: “This feedback from residents will be vitally important as we start to develop our Strategic Plan and spending priorities for 2019 and beyond.
“As the level of local government that is closest to residents, we have many ways that residents can talk to us and share their views. This will be the first formal survey we have run about priorities. There are many areas that we could be addressing, and it is vitally important that we canvas the views of residents directly. We are a young council and this is another considered and important step in our development.
“The survey is very simple to fill in, and we hope residents will take a moment of their time to tell us what is important to them.”
Residents can find the survey online at https://www.suttoncoldfieldtowncouncil.gov.uk/the-council/strategic-plan/ The deadline is the end of October.
Hard copies are available by contacting Sutton Coldfield Town Council.